East of Eden

I’m  currently working on the body language and facial acting projects. James Dean’s movement and facial acting has a strong attitude and highly recognizable. Andy Warhol did a series of printmaking of James Dean, which I saw that in Miami. His printmaking works are all based on people who own a distinctive style. The printmaking shows a classic James Dean look – tight jeans and black jacket, which defines the word “teenager” and “rebel”.

I also went to the Opera house recently to watch the Ballet show “Giselle”. I had interest for ballet since I was a kid. When I studied ballet at that time, I quitted because I am not flexible enough. But since that, I started to love ballet performance and got intrigued by the elegant movement. Maybe it’s the same reason that some boys like to watch basketball games. In psychology, it says people will automatically put themselves into the game or shows, when they are watching it. This sort of empathy may bring their a fake feeling that they are can be as good as people in the shows. And perhaps, that’s also the reason why people still love James Dean now. Every boy wants to be him and every girl wants to date him. He’s fulfilling people’s fantasy the whole time.